Re: New domain extensions

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:52:05 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Richard and Jolene Johnson" <jonric(at)tx3.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
There is NO official .sports domain.  There is an organization which offers
a whole bunch of non-official domains, but their names work only with
certain ISPs and with plug-ins that most people do not have.

For a list of the official TLDs, see
http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/res_domains.htm#a02

[]  HTH, Chuck Upsdell

At 11:21 AM 07/17/02, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've been away from this list for a long time, so slap me around if you
>wish.   My question is simple, and I'm sure someone must know the answer.
>Why is it that some web hosting services do not support the new domain name
>extensions?  A colleague of mine wants to register a .sports domain, but the
>host she wanted to go with doesn't take that extension.
>
>Jolene Johnson

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)upsdell.com