Re: CSS help needed

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:03:34 +0100
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 18:40 12/10/02 -0700, Beth Adler wrote:
>I'm sort of a late beginner at using style sheets and have been trying
>unsuccesfully to center links.  I can center everything else with
>"text-align: center", but that doesn't work with a:link or a:visited, so I'm
>guessing there's a different command for links.  Up til now I've always
>given up and used center tags around the link, but I'd really like to figure
>this out.  Can someone tell me what the correct command is or point me in
>the right direction?  Thanks!

Text-align is funny. When applied to `display: block' elements it centers
the text in display: inline descendant elements. Using text-align: center
on an inline element itself, such as a, doesn't have any effect.

Of course, its probably made even more confusing by dodgy browser
implementations...

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/