Re: Validator

by Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:46:11 +0100
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>So we stop designing for Netscape. And we stop designing for that other
>pesky minority -- Macintosh users. And we stop designing for those with
>without high-speed connections. And we stop designing for elderly people
>on fixed incomes because they are unlikely to buy over the Internet. And
>we delay or minimize designing for the disabled because there aren't
>enough of them to hurt our business. And we Americans design sites that
>assume the center of the world is bordered by Canada, Mexico, the
>Atlantic, and the Pacific. And . . .

On-line clothes store Boo.com's designers (a London firm, Organic)
produced a web site that Macintosh users couldn't access, the people
who could access it needed all the plugins ever invented, it was
late, it was slooooooow, it didn't sell Nike, and it had a ghastly
popup sales person who irritated the **** out of would-be shoppers.
Boo went bust a few weeks back and all the internet entrepreneurs who
invested millions have probably lost their money.

Freda

PS. My husband swears I talk in my sleep, and wants to know why I
mutter what sounds like 'validate' ...

--
Never give up on what you know in your heart to be right. The world
needs you and your commitment, desperately. - John Denver.