RE: mouseover on strike/Table question

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Sun, 3 Dec 2000 08:57:06 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Hugh and eveyone else who spotted my booboo,

>Just change the last image to "images/contact2.gif".  It's a GIF not a JPG.

I'm sure I changed it but maybe I typed .jpg back in instead of gif.
I was so tired I couldn't see the mistake and I checked this at least
twice and specifically the #10 image. Thanks much,

I have another question:

This is the page I was trying to avoid using frames. I designed
everything below the logo  in a table with several rows and columns
with the menu on the left (I don't want to use nested tables as they
are not supported in all browsers). I wanted the images to stay to
the far right or left (alternating) with text beside them. I couldn't
get it to work unless I put the last row of the table in 5 columns
and set each text block to span xColumns  so I could  force the text
to span the major part of the rows. I tried setting the width (which
I had to keep at a percentage so it would size itself for all
resolutions) but it would do it's own thing without reason--spanning
only 50% of the row when I said 75%.

Is there something else I should have done rather than leave the row
of 5 columns at the bottom? I tried taking out that row and the whole
thing collapsed.

This arrangement looks good at 640, 800 and 1000 resolution on on
NN4.73 and IE5 on my Mac. Can someone tell me if it looks ok in other
browsers on a PC?

If you have any suggestions for this page I would appreciate it.

Here is the URL again
http://www.terrytrueman.com/home/index2.html

Thanks,

Lori