Re: image background

by Lori Eldridge <lorrie652(at)icehouse.net>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:06:34 -0700
 To:  "seecurb" <seecurb(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi seecurb,

>I see it tiling down, already, and not to the right.

Now that is interesting. I'm using a Mac and IE 5 and it tiles to the right and not down on my screen.

>It will tile according
>to the dimensions of your table (table width). So, if you force a wide
>table, the content will scroll to the right, instead of down. Then you can
>use nested tables, too, to keep paragraphs narrow.

I'm using nested tables.

>I know of no tag or attribute to prevent tiling in one dimension...

It can be done with css by using "repeat-x" for background image which means to the right only, but it the picture didn't show up for my client who has webtv so I took that back out and then it appeared to be scrolling correctly. But maybe I'd better check that again--there may be a corruption in the code so that it doesn't read the same on different platforms.

thanks for your input.

Lori