Re: spelling and grammar

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:42:09 EDT
 To:  pet70(at)a-o.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Pat and Friends:

Pat wrote:

> I'm a computer graphics professional and a technician, but I was also
>  taught spelling and grammar in elementary school. It has nothing to do in
>  particular with one's field of endeavor.

Please accept humble apologies - I do not mean to insult any of the
technicians and designers out there.  Underneath my original statement was
the message that there are groups of professionals out there who have been
trained, and have trained eyes, in a particular discipline.  Although you can
wear many hats, you often end up with less than perfect results (as if
perfection were obtainable!).  Your solution is a good one - bring in those
who have the ability to do it with some depth....

Pat also wrote:

>  As long as all web designers continue to strive for higher quality work,
>  which is what I see as the real emphasis of these mailing lists (since we
>  all learn from them), this medium will continue to improve... and if you
>  want to look at it in a more self-serving way, your paycheck will increase
>  with better quality work.  :-)

Amen!

>  Btw, I often read the list at those times when I can spare a few moments,
>  very often long after a thread has ended, and would appreciate answers to
>  participants' questions being posted for all to read rather than just sent
>  on to the person asking the question.

Amen to that - although I have been guilty as well.  Sometimes it's a lack of
confidence in the answer :-)

- Jeff Kopito