Re: Problem with Tables....

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:25:11 EDT
 To:  temer(at)c-zone.net,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ted:

You wrote:

> There are several different things that could be used here without resorting
>  to absolute positioning with CSS. The simple thing would be to align
>  everything to the top and place some sort of "filler" between the top of
the
>  cell and your link buttons. This could be a script showing the date, any
>  logo or graphic that might be appropriate, or even a transparent GIF. (Or
>  any combination.)

I saw the same - the length of the table kept changing which changed the
relative position of "center."

I found that if you used the <.valign="top"> command  instead of "middle",
then added a few <.BR> before the button table is created, you could force
down that table.  Add the same number of <.BR> tags in all the other pages
along with the <.valign="top"> command and buttons ends up in same position
on all pages.

Checked in both IE and Netscape and appears to be ok.

- Jeff K.