Re: HTML Books

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:34:23 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Amber:

You asked:

> I want to know what books would be good to use when beginning to learn HTML
>  or books that would be useful as reference guides for HTML?

I'll second Joe Burns' "HTML Goodies" - very user friendly, easy to
understand, and a great sense of humor about it.  Also has a companion web
site at:
http://www.htmlgoodies.com

Also "Visual Quickstart Guide - HTML 4 For The World Wide Web" (Peachpit
Press).  Real world examples, walks you throught the building of a page.

The O'Reilly books are good - but I think a bit advanced for the new user.
"Web Design In A Nutshell" is terrific as a later resource.

Look for some of Lynda Weinman books as well.

Good luck!  :-)

- Jeff Kopito