Re: Question on work done.

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:18:41 EDT
 To:  JC1654(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jim & Friends:

You wrote:

> If the
>  client has not copyrighted or trademarked the site, or contents thereof,
>  doesn't this become an issue of public domain? We need to find out about
the
>  rights of the designer when it comes to this, right?  Hmmmm.... I'll check
> it  out.

My take on it is that if you are *hired* to create a site - including it's
integral coding, programming, and graphics - are then paid for the work, and
do not contractually arrange to retain ownership, it belongs to the company
that hired you to create it.  This includes freelancers, jobbers, and
salaried employees.

Beyond that, I leave the gray areas to the litigators amongst us....  :-)

- Jeff K.