Re: How Do I Include a pdf file in a website?

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:16:49 EDT
 To:  ra3363(at)email.sps.mot.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Friends:

Sharon asked:

>I am new to HTML, have just acquired my first client. It's a
>PR/Marketing firm that wishes to provide a downloadable brochure on
>their site. I think this would be a link that would open the file in
>Adobe Acrobat, but, I'm not sure. I would appreciate any guidance you
>might have on where I begin.

Two things to keep in mind:

- Whoever downloads the brochure must be able to read it (ie - they need
Acrobat Reader);

- You should provide a link so they can download the Reader if they don't
have it.

>From there, you're basicaly saving the PDF and then sending it up to your
server as you do your other web pages/images.  When you create your link:

<.A HREF="Brochure.pdf">Click here for brochure</A>

The brochure will download as a PDF file.

Hope this helps - sorry I rushed this....  :-)

- Jeff K.