Re: Scrolling Text Javascript

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:26:58 -0600
 To:  "Gwen Harrison,
CW" <hwg(at)advancedresumes.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>, Vicki Skinner <minnie(at)keenstreet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Gwen--

Someone on another list asked a similar question. The reply yielded
some very interesting pages. A bit above my head, but have at it. :-)

Leslie

At 10:56 AM -0500 11/28/00, Gwen Harrison, CW wrote:
>Last question, I promise. Does anyone know where I can get the code
>for a scrolling text javascript (or java applet if I can't find a
>javascript)? I want a box that scrolls the text from bottom to top,
>and I want to be able to control the position of the box by placing
>it in the cell of a table. After an extensive search, I found one
>that fit my needs, except the position of the box was determined by
>entering measurements from the top and left edges of the screen. I
>finally gave up trying to precisely position this one out of sheer
>frustration!
>
>If I can have different fonts and attributes inside the same box,
>that would be an added bonus. The script (or applet) would need to
>be simple to configure, since I'm no expert on javascripts and
>applets yet.
>
>TIA again,
>Gwen Harrison, CW
>
>Life is like a dog sled race - it's more fun if you're the lead dog.
>Lewis Grizzard (paraphrased)

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::
                                                              ::::
                                                            ::::
                                                           :::
                                                          ::
                                                          ::
                                                           ::
                                                            :

HTML Guild: hwg-basics mailing list archives, maintained by Web Developer Association - IWA