Re: Disable the links on the web page...

by "Martin Clifford" <MLC1(at)nrc.gov>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:53:26 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
<gabriele(at)sideralia.it>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That works, but not with their requirements.  They wanted it so that if =
you click a link, all other links become disabled immediately (so that you =
cannot change your mind or something, I have no idea what it would =
accomplish).  By your example, it would have to be hardcoded with the link =
disabled, thus defeating the purpose of having the hyperlink there in the =
first place.

Martin

This is what Martin Clifford wrote:

>As far as I'm aware, there is no way to disable a textual hyperlink=20
>in a website with JavaScript.

There is! :-)

Try this:

<.a href=3D"page.html" onclick=3D"return false">Click here, it won't =
work!<./a>
--=20
Gabriele