RE: Pay for Search Engine Position

by "Sheila S Ruth" <sruth(at)abs.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:47:35 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've had good experiences with goto.com. The amount you will pay per click
varies a lot. Some of the more popular keywords are up to around $2 per
click at the #1 spot, but you can get good results bidding a lot of smaller
keywords, which are available for as little as 1 cent per click.

They have an automated keyword generator, that if you put in a keyword, it
will not only tell you how many times that keyword was searched on last
month, but will give you a list of related keywords, and how many times they
were searched on. Don't be afraid to bid the less popular keywords -
remember that you can get placed much higher in those keywords for very
little money, and so will get a large ratio of clickthroughs for those than
for the more popular keywords where you might be lost lower down in the
directory.

Sheila S. Ruth
sruth(at)abs.net
It's all about family: http://www.mycinnamontoast.com/