Re: The state of the web developing biz.

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 May 2002 14:23:28 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think it's getting pretty saturated. I'm a one person shop in south
florida, and am finding it impossible to get any business. I do mainly small
business and non-profits (occasionally personal sites), and it seems that
all the local business already have a web site, or my favorite..... my son,
cousin, employee etc. is making one for me. Of the ones that don't have web
sites I would guestimate that 75% said they don't want/need one, and the
rest are interested, but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do it. It's
always "call me back next month" or "i'm not ready yet but I'll call you
when I am". I'm getting ready to start sending my resume out to see if I can
get some contract work or even a full time position as I'm not making much
money right now. sigh.

Lisa

Lisa Bradshaw ,  Web Designer

Crescendo Web Design - http://www.web-design-cs.com