Re: more startup questions

by "Wize Old Wizard of DOS" <wild4willie(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:17:04 -0800
 To:  "Wiers" <wiers(at)willard-oh.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Howdy Margie,

<SNIP>
.....could you explain what you mean by
 1) virtual company
 2)  virtual team-members
 3)  virtual hosting
</SNIP>

Sure, by 'virtual', I am referring to the fact that Merkury has no office
building.  We are a virtual company. My partner Clay defines it well on a
page we have posted at http://www.merkury.com/merkury.html .

Hope U enjoy this virtual quest. {Yeppers, by virtual I mean online} For now
Merkury rents our Server System {if ya' wanna' know what kind of system,
just holler} from a network host where we have a maintenance contract to
keep all the brouting {yes with a 'b'} and routing and our actual physical
connection to the internet. We just upgraded to a newer system and
anticipate adding more systems into the network in the near future.

Because Merkury is still rising in 2K, each virtual Merkury partner uses
their own systems and resources. They connect to the Merkury server remotely
from their system at home or work. Each virtual project done by Merkury is
done online utilizing virtual team members. These members are well
acquainted with each other through different avenues of their personal
endeavors.

Now comes the marketing end. That ain't virtual - although parts can B.
Clay, as U would find in surfing the Virtual location of Merkury, is
physical with avid phone communication and outstanding business meeting
skills. On the other hand, the Wize Old Wiz - I - like to stay hidden behind
the curtain. Just an ironic happenstance that I am an old Kansas man that
drifted into systems during a technologically challenged era {grins}. Anyone
not familiar with the Wizard of OZ story may not see the irony :-( NP.

If ya' still reading, I hope I did not get too long winded. To keep thread
on track, 'What is needed to startup?' find something that works for you and
run with it. If you enjoy doing that work, then bonus, dude. LOL Use and
supplement your strengths and fortify your weaknesses. Good luck.

Thanx,

 Wizard of DOS
Web Wizard 4 Merkury Consulting at http://www.merkury.com/
personal site at