Re: The state of the web developing biz.

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 May 2002 11:46:53 -0400
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> How is business going these days for the typical small web shop (1-10
> staff)? We have noticed, primarily as a result of the quality and quantity
> of resumes flooding in, that many of our competitors are closing their
> doors, and we are strategizing whether this represents a threat or an
> opportunity to us.
> Thoughts?

Business is good for me... but I rely a lot on the "local" concept of
my area, and less on work for people halfway 'round the world. (Though
I certainly have no problem doing work for people that far away.) It's
easier to contact folks locally, and I like to be able to meet in
person to discuss projects. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan,
and business seems to be growing in these parts.

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981.