Re: FW: what to put on your site?

by MC Bennett <syren_song(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:11:15 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Whatever you do, don't assume that just because you
post information on your website regarding copyrights,
payment schedules, etc., you don't need a signed
contract with your clients. There's a young lady on
another list who is currently looking at possibly
being named in a copyright lawsuit simply because she
never had her client sign a contract stating that she
wouldn't be held liable for any copy supplied by the
client that was an infringement on someone's existing
copyright.

You've got to protect yourself! I'm sure both Ivan and
Doug will back me up on this, too.

Michelle

> Steve Devoti wrote:
> > All this talk of copyright brings up a question. I
> am in the process of
> > designing a web site for my web design business. I
> plan on having a page
> > with legal info like: payment (when due, etc.),
> and copyright (what
> > rights the client gets with payment).

=====
Michelle Bennett