Re: Compensation based on Percentage of total Internet sales.

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:00:11 -0800
 To:  "Malcolm Smart" <malcolm(at)smart-web.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:31 PM 1/13/00 -0500, Malcolm Smart wrote:

>Do you have any information from the designers as to whether they got paid
>what they expected? Did they have any difficulty verifying sales figures
>from these clients? And would they do it again?

I certainly cannot discuss my client's businesses.  However, it depends
upon how the contract is structured, how the money flows and the like.  Not
all contracts are the same and a poorly drafted agreement can make the
designer quite vulnerable but a good one may protect the designer.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Writing and Publishing Law, Web Design Contracts and Law, Copyrights,
Trademarks, Internet Law, Web Site Audits, Recording and Music Law.  *A
Four Times Award-Winning Site.*
http://www.ivanhoffman.com