Re: Closing the Deal......

by "D J Tabish, Webmaster djtabish.bc.ca" <webmaster(at)djtabish.bc.ca>

 Date:  Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:23:19 -0800
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kevin and all,
I will say something like: "Okay, but I may not be able to reserve the time
for your site ahead of others much longer. If we can't begin working on
your site soon, I'll have to open the time up to another client and it
could be as much as a couple of months before I will be able to reserve the
time needed for your site again. Please let me know as soon as possible
when you have the materials ready for me to review."

Well, something along those lines. It usually works and I'm guessing it's
because folks hate the idea of "waiting in line." If they believe they are
at the front of the line and can stay there indefinitely, they are more
likely to piddle around and piddle around and...

And, if you do end up postponing their site to work on another, at least
it's not your time being wasted any further.

fwiw,
Donna T