Re: copyright web 'look'

by "G. Adam Stanislav" <whizkid(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:48:23 -0600
 To:  HWG Business List <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 13:09 16-01-2001 -0600, Charles Lovelady wrote:
>Actually Apple did sue Microsoft over "look and feel" and lost.
>If you could protect a "look" I guess we would all be using
>SuperCalc and WordStar (I'm dating myself here).

The way I remember it (it was a while ago), Apple lost not because you
could not protect a look and feel, but because Apple did not develop that
look and feel, they just copied it from Xerox themselves.

Adam
---
Whiz Kid Technomagic - brand name computers for less.
See http://www.whizkidtech.net/pcwarehouse/ for details.