Re: What rights do I have for my own contracted work?

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:26:04 -0700
 To:  Toni Mancaruso <tmancaruso(at)abytec.com>,
hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:30 AM 4/3/01 -0700, Toni Mancaruso wrote:

>My several questions:
>
>1.  I will be working as a consultant on an hourly basis.  I didn't plan to
>bring a contract since it is an
>    hourly rate.  Am I wrong to use this approach?
>2.  Am I foolish to even help them.
>3.  Since the parts weren't originally written by me, I just put them
>together, do I have any copy write protection?
>4.  Even so, if they have hired me to do the work are they buying my
>copyrights?

Read the many, many articles on my site under the link "Articles for Web
Site Designers and Site Owners."  And for heaven's sake, don't do this deal
without a thorough written contract!

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com