Re: New SEC Law on SSL Certificates?

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:23:26 -0500
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:44 PM 01/15/2000 -0800, Linda Titus wrote:

 >- snipped -<
>Site-host.com says the
>reason CIHost had many of its servers shut down for a week two weeks ago was
>because the SEC forced them to shut down, because those servers were hosting
>sites that were �sharing� certificates.
 >- snipped -<

This is a blatant untruth, according to this story:

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1004-200-1510132.html?dtn.head

C I Host was down because they did not back up their name server and when they moved things around and the name servers went down, they had to rebuild them from scratch.

Cheers

Kevin A. Jackson, Webmaster
mailto:kevin(at)biz-zone.com