RE: Benefits of in-house SS/L for Business

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:32:20 -0800
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Now with that said, what is a good STRONG firewall program...

Currently using BlackICE Defender for my personal PC...

Also heard and tried Lockdown 2000 but it looks pretty much the same as
BlackICE.

Any opinions on McAfee's Guard Dog ?

For those curious:
BlackICE Defender http://www.networkice.com
Lockdown 2000 http://www.lockdown.com

Both now have trial versions

<WARNING>
YES you can be hacked on a modem line. I've had 2 attempts, one minor (Back
Orifice ping), one major (SSCAN attack) within 2 months. A firewall is a
definite must for a cable/DSL line even with a personal PC that's not
online all the time.
</WARNING>

At 11:09 AM 24/02/2000 -0500, Webmaster at WebWham wrote:
>machines are required, with a STRONG firewall on the Intranet server.
>Security Best Practices should always be in place.

.oOo.