Re: The State of Search Engines

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:10:34 -0500
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--

Hi Jill,

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, which is usually the
starting point for a discussion like this, although you did not mention
I-Search, which is another good resource on the topic - it is one of
Audette Media's digests:

SUBSCRIBE:
http://www.adventive.com/subscribe.html
"The I-Search Discussion List"
--

We have found that the majority of good traffic comes not from the top
search engines, from targeted directories, industry portals, associations,

There is a rumor spreading around, dredged from a recent survey (that costs
$4,000 bucks, I don't know anyone who has bought the survey), but according
to the survey, 46% of people looking for *new* websites use Search Engines.

To me it sounds like the age of the vertical portal is dawning :).

Cheers

Kevin A. Jackson, Webmaster
mailto:kevin(at)biz-zone.com