Re: Attracting visitors

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:17:31 -0800
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
--

Hi Paul,

The first thing that you need to do you have gotten half right - contribute
the content or in the Signature of your email :). It is considered
acceptable netiquette to add up to a 6-line self-promotional signature at
the end of every email you send to the list. Each list has its own
guidelines, and it is a good idea to look into them first before posting,
and try to contribute to the value of the list in the process. For the
guidelines on this list check the Guild website at http://www.hwg.org/

We wrote an article on the topic some time ago, and a quick check shows it
still seems up-to-date, apart from a reference to the email program
Pegasus, which has moved, and a quick Google search will find it.

Here is the article:
http://www.canadaone.com/technology/email_networking1.html

Cheers

Kevin A. Jackson, Webmaster