RE: please critique

by "Phil Sinewe" <psinewe(at)erinet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:53:40 -0400
 To:  "hwg-critique list" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

A couple suggestions:

Lose the worldnet AT&T service link (all three of them for that matter),
unless you have lots of stock and are getting a direct payback on the
advertising.  It take time to load and does not do any good for YOUR site.
The problem with any link that leaves your site it that they may not come
back.  It like saying, please come visit our house, and then as soon as your
guest come in the front door, you tell them that your neighbors are having a
better meal, they might want to try there first, and then if its no good,
come back here.  In most cases, do not give them the chance, keepem your
captive audience.  I used to have a MS FrontPage GIF on the bottom of my
site, and them realized that I paid for the software and I did not need to
give MS any credit at all.

It appears that you are a writer.  So tell us that, on the first page.  It
appears that you are good and successful, so boast that fact.  Make us want
to go deeper into your site.--