RE: Question about BMP. size

by "Webmaster at WebWham" <webmaster(at)webwham.com>

 Date:  Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:09:19 -0500
 To:  <tjtmd(at)ibm.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Why not work in a software package that support JPG or GIF saves directly?
Save them as GIFs while you are working on them since this is a loss-less
format. The jpg format reduces bits in the resulting file and thus quality
as well. Use a jpg save for your final format that will be used to display
on the web (you may find a well optimized GIF with Ulead's Smartsaver will
do just fine, as in the example I sent you previously).

I haven't work with a software package that ONLY saves in BMPs, since...
dare I say it... PaintBrush!

Gil Tennant
Webmaster at WebWham
http://www.webwham.com