Commercial critique: www.cais.com

by "Webmaster at WebWham" <webmaster(at)webwham.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:03:29 -0400
 To:  "critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
We have been asked to provide a detailed critique on this
"marketing-fluffed" site re-design created for one of our clients:

	http://www.cais.com

by their marketing department. The CAIS Support Team is not happy and wants
to make a case for design of their own.

The technical support department is NOT happy with this new look (they
yanked all their content for their customer's support), and is in need of
"ammo" to go after the marketing department with (and to get us in to "do it
right").

I already have a list of 6 - 10 technical items that I will be bringing to
their attention, and wondered if I missed anything that was obvious. Your
comments and permission to include your critiques is greatly appreciated.

In particular we would like to know:

1) speed of loading the pages

2) search engine readiness

3) JavaScript compatibility amongst the browsers

4) information content relevance (please rate on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being
"most useful" for the content on the page):
	- Highlights
	- OverVoice
	- Web Services
	- Co-location
	- High speed access
	- Company
	- News & Events
	- Help & Support
	- Site Map
	- Products & Services
	- Partnerships
	- CAIS Network (this is the critical and important revamped ISP services
page)

Thank you in advance.

Gil Tennant
Webmaster at WebWham