Re: Non-U.S. members, please contact me

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:31:33 -0000
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  <webmaster(at)scanalytics.com>, <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Michael -

> I suspect that some email from foreign, particularly European,
> countries has not been reaching our company. Because of this, I also
> fear those same people may not be seeing our web page.
[snip]

OK, from the UK, done, and done...

Tested via your request on the HWG critique list. Site found in five
seconds, loaded in seven (COMPLETELY!), which for my ISP is damned good.
Using Win'95B, 33k6 dial up, IE5.5. Very quick load, and nothing failed.

[snip]

Yes, the site is visible. yes, I can reply to foreign e-mail.

> Also, I'd love to hear from someone in Africa. I've just never gotten
> an African visitor before, to my knowledge. Time for me to localize
> better, I guess.

I dunno about that, but fwiw, the source code appears, at first glance, to
be tidy, although I hadn't seen the DTD before - I thought only transitional
and strict existed (Loose? Where'd /that/ come from?)!

Also, I think you may have too many keywords in your meta tag, though I'm
none too sure on this - I try to keep the number of keywords to a minimum,
myself. I've heard in the past that some search/directory engines tend to
penalise for excessive keywording. Others on the list might have more info
on that, btw.

Nice work on the rounded corners for your side of page tables - they look
just fine.

Noting the comment text in the source code, I take it you use GoLive to
build your pages? How did you find it, as a user (you better reply off-list
to that one!)?

In any event, the site viewed just fine from the UK. Now to see it the
e-mail works for you!

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Organiser, The Millennium's End Future History Continuation Project.
http://www.the-isg.co.uk/gcme/me_hist-continue.html.
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG. The information in this email and in any
attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or use this email for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person - you should also destroy this message, delete any copies
held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.