Re: AEBEH Class Assignment

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:44:34 -0500
 To:  "Liz" <Liz(at)schreiber.lakeheadu.ca>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> reviewed or enhanced for them.
> <A HREF="http://www.aebeh.com">www.aebeh.com</A>.

Liz,

I like the organization and navigation on the site.  It is very simple and
clear and easy to use.  I only have three small negatives:

It felt like a long wait from the splash page to the main site.  If I hadn't
been evaluating the site i wouldn't have waited that long.

The colors change too much for me with no clear overall color scheme.  I
would say that the color scheme lacks coherence.  The text varies from
black, brown, green and two shades of blue all on a yellow background with
blue/green globes as buttons. Two other shades of brown are used in the nav
bar.

The line length of the text stretches out too long if you use a fairly high
resolution as I do.  Typical print standards recommend no more than 9-11
words per line and your text stretches across the entire window giving me
13-15 words per line in some cases.  It might be appropriate to use tables
to control those line sizes.

I use IE5 on windows98 with a cable modem.  1152x864 is my monitor
resolution, but i always use a window that doesn't fill the screen, mostly
800x600.

Good luck and hope you're enjoying your class..
Kim