Re: [Fwd: Re: Update Redesign - Critique Requested]

by "Natalie Verge" <nsv(at)mb.sympatico.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:50:24 -0500
 To:  <waynenf(at)earthlink.net>,
"HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Re: http://www.gaywired.com/update
Hmmm..  "gaywired"? I clued in...whatever. If the site offends some, then
perhaps those people need a bit of shaking up. Just a thought.

Anyway,
I like the layout; the background is good, not overpowering. The nav
graphics, however, while they are centered in the code, are not centered in
themselves - the text on the buttons, I mean, so they appear uncentered,
kind of messy. Considering they're just text (very similar to, if not, Times
New Roman) on a transparent background, why go with graphics at all? You can
create the same effect with HTML or CSS, and not have to worry about extra
download time, centering, etc.

I would wrap the text around the photo under the first headline.

Looks good to me!
--
Natalie Verge
Talk to me: nsv(at)mb.sympatico.ca