Re: http://www.earthwisetours.com

by "Wendy Peck" <wpeck(at)wpeck.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:32:41 -0600
 To:  "Jeffrey Newman" <newman(at)bcinternet.net>,
"Web Site Critique" <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jeffrey,

You have some great stuff here. The copy is nice and tight and in easy to
digest bits. The colours work, page loads very quickly.

I agree with the comment about tables. It is harder to read text that is
right across the page and the eye has a hard time finding a place to settle.
With your great short paragraphs and short sections, it is manageable as it
is, but would be easier with a column layout - look a little more
professional as well. The extra pages idea is also a good one. At least put
in a small text menu at the top with targets if you must keep the one page
format, and put a target back to the top with each section. People are only
prepared to scroll 2, maybe 3 screens before you are really risking losing
them.

Your title needs anti-aliasing. Did you create it in a vector program like
CorelDraw or Illustrator? On export, make sure that anti- aliasing is
checked. That will take the jagged edges away. Make sure it is on a similar
coloured background when you do this, though, since the program will borrow
pieces of the background to make the edges look smooth. If it is CorelDraw,
I have a written a series of 100 tutorials with exporting quite well
covered. http://wpeck.com/learn.

Great start though. Just a few "finishing" touches and you will have an easy
to use and very practical page for your client.

Now, how can I get some time to get out there to be your clients customer?
<g>.

Wendy

Wendy Peck: Marketing Solutions Through Technology
Integrated, custom marketing strategy packages and Web design
http://wpeck.com

Production Graphics tutorials: Working Solutions for the Graphics
Professional
by Wendy Peck at Webreference.com http://productiongraphics.com