Re: Final Critique Please

by "Paul van der Westhuizen" <pvdw(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:22:05 -0400
 To:  "Shdowrks" <Shdowrks(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Re: Final Critique Please
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8094/index.html
>
>from your page >>>>"If you are looking for help with anything internet or
>computer related then you have come to the right place". >>
>Thats what I would see as your "hook".   It would be nice to see that as
the
>first impression of the page.  What they think of your site  should come
after
>they experience it.

Good point! Thanks, I'll try that.

>I have been to this site several times and have enjoyed seeing it come
>together. I think the new look is a good one. The text is all straight, I
can
>now appreciate the effect you were going for with the lines on the top. I
see
>you went with the blue page border and it goes well. Someone in your
guestbook
>said "easy on the eyes", and it is.
>An Idea, sometime in the future you should consider turning your guestbook
>into a forum for questions and such. It would add to the usefulness of the
>site, and would help you get material for your Q&A page, etc. Just change
the
>forms (and any template, whatever) to allow the guest to ask the question,
>rather than answer one, and you will increase your return rate.

Brilliant thought!!
I'll be sure to get that going as soon as posible! The box on the right is
going to be used for new and interesting features. Currently I have it as a
feedback form, but that should change quite soon. I'll use it to announce
the "questions in guestbook" idea once I have it done.

>EA
>shdowrks(at)aol.com

Thanks for your help. :-))

Paul van der Westhuizen