Re: Chez Lisette Site "Makeover"

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_Sch=F6ning?= <gerhard.schoening(at)talknet.de>

 Date:  Fri, 26 May 2000 18:48:17 +0200
 To:  "janet lynne" <janet.lynne(at)worldnet.att.net>
 Cc:  "HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lynne,

> I've just reworked this site (Chez Lisette) to make it less boutique and
> more...well, professional I guess - a business you would trust your skin
to.

Yes, it looks very good: clear content structure, images sharp and "soft/not
outstanding/unobtrusive" - select the proper word, I'm not sure ;-) - but
also appealing... I like the background image but I'm not sure about the
changing colors of the eye-mask on the "logo" picture.

On my big monitor the font and font size used for naming the credit cards
looks bad - hard to read. You do not have ANY alt texts for your graphics ?!
Please include them to make your site accessible to handicapped users.

Some typos/mistakes:
"permanent" is misspelled almost everywhere, even on the rollover button ;-)
, also, I have seen (misspelled) semi permanent, semi-permanent, and
semipermanent.
contact.htm: "...us[i]ng...".
lisette.htm: "Lisette [came] to Reno...".
permen.htm: "Causes only a small amount of discomfort" and "causes very
little discomfort" in the same column on left side.
index.htm: "Consultan[tan]cy", "[?...?]and carries a full line of..."

HTH :-)

> Janet
> AnnieMation.com
>
> http://www.anniemation.com/lisette/index.htm
>
> (notice I not only remembered to change the subject line but I also put in
> the page address and it's 2:30 am!)

CONGRATULATIONS :-)))))

IE 5.0, WIN 98, PII 350, 256 MB
21", 32-bit colors, 1280x1024