The day the music died

by "Jim Heaton" <Jim(at)Heaton.net>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:57:31 -0400
 To:  <sre(at)thebluegrasspages.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Okay, okay! I took the music down.

On a commercial site it doesn't matter why people don't like something. It
matters only that they don't.

But on this critique list I expected that I'd get reasons for the "why". I
got a lot of reasons why and I thank all who responded for taking the time
to explain. Since music on a site doesn't bother me (I truly couldn't care
less) but seems to be a pet peeve of many, I'd still like to hear from
anyone who feels like "venting".

Not everybody said music was a bad idea, but many did. On the other hand,
not one person said a single positive thing about it. So it would seem to me
that it works only in one direction: not good.

If I missed responding to anybody, it's because it had been a couple of days
since my last back-up when I got the dreaded crash last week and I lost
about two day's email and a couple of bookmarks. I'm going to either a CD-RW
or a swappable hard drive (if I can find one) and avoid the nusance
altohether in the future.

Thanks again,

Jim