Re: New site

by Gerhard Schoening <g.sch(at)onlinehome.de>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:05:59 +0100
 To:  David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk
 Cc:  hwg critique <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi List,

>>About ONE THIRD of all web users visits the web without graphics,
>>for many reasons - not only people with disabilities

> This is purely out of interest, but where does this statistic come
> from ? I quite often hear web developers state things like this yet
> I've never come across anybody who does browse without graphics.
> Obviously some disabled will. Or are you talking about the "real
> ale" purists who think that graphics are just a nuisance ? I can't
> believe it's a third.

Well, I must admit: no, I don't have any published statistics about
percentages of users with graphics turned off.

I will raise this question in the AWARE techniques group, for the
gurus there, when I have time. Unfortunately, I will be off home for
two days and probably also "off-web" so I have to put off discussions
until I'm back.

Anxious about answers,

Gerhard

http://www.schoening-online.com