Re: Critique:Lithium Design

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:16:26 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Elise Winn <ormond(at)advertisnet.com>,
hwg-crit <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Really loved the colors, this is a great looking site. the
mouseovers work well (though the ALT text in caps like
that seems odd. the "tooltip" thingy in 4.0 browsers makes
it show up.)

also on alt text, the title image "december 98" says
"november". just small things. I was kinda bothered by the
prominience of the 98 on the intro page. stood out much
more than the company name.

On the internal pages the default image for the mouseover
was still "contact". Also, I would suggest adding a form
for people to contact you with, in addition to the email
address. from the prices page I really expected something
more than the email and mailing address to be on the
contact page. "submit" made me expect more.

really liked your handling of the portfolio page, though
perhaps titles beneath the screen thumbnails would help.

Great site, keep up the work.

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop

---Elise Winn <ormond(at)advertisnet.com> wrote:

> I have recently redesigned one of my sites, Lithium
Design.
> (http://members.xoom.com/lithiumNet/) and was hoping you
> could give me some feedback on it. Is it aesthetically
appealing?
> Does it look okay for a business site, any errors in the
coding, or just
> any
> kind of comments would be appreciated! I have been
designing for about
> a year and was wondering if my skills were improving
any...