Re: personal site critique

by Vanessa Page <promise_20(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Dec 1998 18:23:56 -0800 (PST)
 To:  MitsuMiko(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi liz,
I am also a web page maker junky lol and only do it right now for fun
but I am starting a business with a friend who is into the graphics
side of things anyways:

1. Navigation: Very easy and no broken links (I don't like frames and
found this was very pleasing to look at)
just popped up even the graphics hardly any load time at all! good job!
3.Over-all aesthetic appeal: GREAT! I loved the colors and graphics
not too cluttered (its a personal page!) and if your personality
reflects your page then its a good thing!
4.Content Potential: I loved the content people love to know about
people. (at least what I thought)
5.Overall I think it is an excellent page found only one error:
On this page:
http://members.xoom.com/divinyliz/links.html
This Graphic didn't load:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/4670/
Keep up the good work
Vanessa
http://homepages.infoseek.com/~vanessamommy/index.html

---MitsuMiko(at)aol.com wrote:

> hiya,
>
> http://members.xoom.com/divinyliz
>
> I'm just an everyday person with an everyday personal homepage, and
even
> though it isn't commercial nor does it contribute immensely to the
online
> community, I still would like to get some tips on how to improve my
site.
> I've been working with a new look, but its looking very awkward to
me right
> now, and its probably cuz of the weird box next to the text.  For
some reason
> on paper the page looked okay.  I don't have too much content on
there yet,
> well, actually no content at all really, but I'm working on it...
but anyways,
> here are some stuff I would like to get comments on:
>
> 1.  navigation (I'm not into frames)
> 2.  load time (it's pretty graphic intensive, since its a personal
site, how
> much would it matter?)
> 3.  over-all aesthetic appeal (is it too cluttered?  not uniform
enough?)
> 4.  content potential (since mostly I only have the ideas, but not
too much of
> the content... and yes, I know content will make or break a site,
but being a
> student, I don't have much time, and since designing comes more
easily to me i
> focus on that first...;^) )
> 5.  whatever else you guys would like to comment on....
>
> a note:  I'm really addicted to this webpage making thing, and I'm
> contemplating going into web design, so that is a reason why I'm
asking for a
> critique.
>
> wells, thanks for your time!
>
> liz :)

==
How do I respon to Jesus, the King?
Do I worship Him? Do I celebrate His birth, life, death, and
ressurection? What do i bring to give to Him? Bring the gift to Jesus in your prayer,
worship or service. Read Mathew 2:1-23