Re: 2nd Attempt - Please Critique

by Vanessa Page <promise_20(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:44:09 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Steve Loney <swloney(at)gatewest.net>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have a silly question as I am currently designing my business web
site, Would a P.O. Box be acceptable rather than a snail mail address?
just a question I respect you guys opinion even on the small stuff :)
Thanks
Vanessa

---Steve Loney <swloney(at)gatewest.net> wrote:

> "Eric L. Hudson" wrote:
>
> > This is a second attempt to try to get a critique or two
> > of my revamped commercial site.
>
> > The URL is http://www.hudnet.com/
>
> Hi Eric !
>
> This will be short notes as I move around.
>
> W'95
> 800x600 15" 16 bit
> NN 4.5
> ADSL
>
> Tighten up the home page into a single screen without any scroll bar
> (800 & up) by reducing your text to a single tag line for each link.
> You're starting a conversation with visitors before they ask any
> questions.
>
> Include your location, phone number, fax number, voice mail number,
> mailing address, cell number, etc. Your site assumes clients don't
care
> where you are or what time zone you are in (they do!). Give visitors
> every available contact method.
>
> The white sans serif font for text body is poor typology. Clinical
> trials (I love that expression) have long documented the fact that
dark
> serif fonts are by far the most effective way to communicate the
written
> word.
>
> The nature of our business makes it difficult/impossible to have a
cut &
> dried price list, but that is no reason to ignore the issue. Establish
> pricing guidelines that prospective clients can relate to.
>
> I like the lack of bells & whistles. No JAVA no SHOCK WAVE, no MIDI's.
>
> In terms of web design & promoting your abilities there should be a
> little more "WOW" or "COOL" built into the site. As it is, it lacks
> presentation impact.
>
> Steve
> http://www.webscape1.com

==
How do I respond to Jesus, the King?
Do I worship Him? Do I celebrate His birth, life, death, and
ressurection? What do i bring to give to Him? Bring the gift to Jesus in your prayer,
worship or service. Read Mathew 2:1-23