Re: http://phyllisdoll.com/

by Collin Lim <collinlim(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:06:03 PDT
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jim,

- It is generally not a good practice to downsize images using HTML codes.
You can't always assume browsers handle the images the way you expect.  You
are also wasting bandwidth by forcing the viewers to download a larger image
than necessary.  I would use a graphics program to resize the two doll
photos.  The can use a little toughing up anyway (brightened and sharpened).
  If you insist on using code to resize the images, at least use the same
aspect ratio as the actual image.  They look distorted now.

- Those buttons in the navigation frame were intended to be used on a black
or dark background.  You should either change the pink background to black
or dark, redo the buttons, or use another set of buttons.

- In the navigation frame, I wonder why you set the font face and font size
in two different tags.  I would consider combining them.

-Collin
http://www.beetown.com/