Re: Back to top links

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:43:26 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  HWG Critique <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to many people for their feedback.

When I asked my question, I hadn't yet made it nor any similar pages.

Please go to the (corporate) page
http://www.scanalytics.com/produdct/download/downloadEntry.html.
Please select "IPLab Evaluation Software". It'll ask you for an email
address. You can just enter something like "helping(at)YourWebmaster.com",
if you like.

This page
(http://www.scanalytics.com/produdct/download/IPLab_MAS_Evals.html) is
a list of 15 paragraphs of ~3 lines each. I've already broken these
downloads up into separate pages. You can see from that page and its
siblings that I wasn't certain how often to place "Back to top" links
on the right side.  On this page, I put one link every 5 paragraphs or
at the end of a grouping. On other pages, I put them every 3 paragraphs
or at the end of a grouping.

The suggestion I like the best is to just put a single "Back to top"
link at the bottom of the page.

Many thanks,
complex

--- Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca> wrote:
<snip>