Re: Dancing Mouse Critique

by Ray Dittmeier <ray(at)dancingmouse.com>

 Date:  Sun, 04 Jan 1998 10:45:55 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Pat,
At 10:44 PM 1/2/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Re" http://www.dancingmouse.com.

[...good stuff that made me happy to read snipped...]

>One thing I found irritating being an impatient type was the fact you
>had to keep returning home after enlarging a background , then
>click to get back to the background page and then, when you finally
>a rrive there you have to  try and remember which page you had
>previously  got up to.

I have a notation up there to use your browser's back button to return to
the page you just came from.  Did you not notice this, or did it not work
on your browser?  I have to admit that I was cutting corners by not putting
an actual link back to the page you just came from.  It's possible, but it
didn't seem worth the extra work--those pages are generated by Perl
scripts, so there's a bit more to it than simply writing a few bytes of HTML.

But that's no excuse for not doing it if a link would make things easier
for people.  Should I take the plunge and make it a link?

--Ray