Re: Please Critique the following Business site

by Troy Cefaratti <webmaster(at)sbase1.com>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:19:22 -0500
 To:  Jurden Bruce <jbruce(at)dibbs.net>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>  Please take a look at the following site.  It is a frames site so I need
>info on all resolutions and screen sizes.  I hate using frames but my
>client insisted.
>Any thoughts would be great.
>
>http://www.dibbs.net/raindropweb/integra/

Viewed with NN 4.04 at 1024x786x24bit color on a 17" monitor over a 28.8
connection.

Frames:

The frames work fine, and accomplish what the customer probably wanted
(navigation always visible).

I would, however, avoid using percentages in the frameset. At my resolution
the left frame is almost twice as large as it really needs to be, and that
gives less room for the content in the right frame, which causes more
scrolling than necessary.

Although I am all for the minimalistic design, i think that you could
probably use a little more graphics on the site.

  Troy Cefaratti                          mailto:mnementh(at)sbase1.com
  Cefaratti Network Solutions                 http://www.sbase1.com/
  StarBase One Communications            mailto:webmaster(at)sbase1.com
  425-A Superior Building
  815 superior Avenue                                 (216) 619-1500
  Cleveland, Ohio 44114