Re: The Lanky: Critique Please.

by Bev Parks <cloudbow(at)primenet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:13:47 -0700
 To:  "ian hillbeck" <ian(at)hillbeck.force9.co.uk>,
<hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:53 PM 12/5/97 -0000, ian hillbeck wrote:
>As a new member of The HWG and a self taught novice I thought I would
>introduce myself by offering my site for a critique. It feels a little like
>throwing myself to the lions but here goes...
>
>The site is my contribution to a local charity, namely The Lancaster Canal
>Trust. The URL is http://www.hillbeck.force9.co.uk and I have a thick skin
>and a broad back so don't spare the whip.

Hi, Ian. Welcome to the guild!
I've been enjoying the photographs on The Lanky site! They look good and
load fast. Finding it hard to tear away to visit other parts of the site,
but I suppose I must...

I maintain a number of photograph-intensive sites, too, so I can appreciate
how much effort you have put into this.

The first think I notice that I'd like to see changed is the font size. It
looks like you are using at least a -2 on the fonts. Especially the menu
font on the left--I think you'd want to leave that at default size. On my
monitor, at least, you have plenty of room to do it.

The animated Welcome/Contents thing is kinda neat. Slightly distracting,
but not too bad. I've seen worse.

I like the background. I didn't even notice it until I had looked at
several pages. That's good! It is there if I want to see it, but doesn't
get in the way.

On the "Come and Join Us" page, under Aims, the third numbered item is not
lined us with numbers 1 and 2. Looks like there is one extra space in front
of it.

Overall, I enjoyed my visit at this site. Thanks for the great tour of The
Lanky!

Viewing with...
Win 95; Netscape 3.03, default font Times New Roman, 16 pt;
28.8 dial-up connection; 17-inch monitor, 1024 x 768.

Bev Parks  =^.^=  cloudbow(at)primenet.com
http://www.primenet.com/~cloudbow/
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/pool/