Re: Please review

by "Michael B. Clark" <mclark(at)homemail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:21:38 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Mark Goldberg" <storyman(at)netrox.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Mark,

I liked the look of the page for the most part. It feels empty to me
though.

Comments:
1. The image map on the main page is enormous, and slow to load. Can
it be optimized for better loading time?

2. The animated pencil was annoying. Once it all appeared, it moved
really quickly on my machine. At first I thought it was a picture of
the Cat in the Hat's hat.

3. The background of the large image map didn't quite match the
background color of the page.

4. What if someone gets to this page without images turned on? There
isn't any information at all in text. Also, the graphics can't easily
be indexed but text is.

5. What is the purpose of the page? To get customers? To show what
work you've already done (a portfolio)?

6. Is your phone number really the same as your fax number? And how
about including an e-mail address?

Just flesh it out some more. Better define the purpose of the page.
You probably know better than I do, since you're in advertising. Is
this just for your local market? If so, do you need a Spanish
alternative?

Viewed/surfed with:  Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold; 28.8 modem;
Windows 95; 800x600x256 colors; java and javascript turned off.

I hope that helps. Good luck. Michael

At 11:58 PM 12/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

I just completed this site
(<http://members.tripod.com/~Newsbird>http://members.tripod.com/~Newsb
ird) to promote my advertising business. I'd appreciate any
constructive criticism you can offer.

Thanks,

Mark

<<<<