Critique please

by Candi <candi(at)extremezone.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:28:18 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
First my info-
Cyrix 266 PC, Windows 95, 15 inch monitor at 800x600 24bit color, Netscape
Communicator 4.5, 28.8 modem, no sound card on this computer.

Page by Page-

Splash page
-the link for Next Stop, is typoed as Nest Stop
-Graphic loaded a bit slow, and since it is basically the only thing on the
page it made it painfully more obvious that you were waiting for this
graphic to load

Page1
Very good job of  'selling' the web.  Good information.  I really like the
graphics....a nice 'feeling' for the page.

Page2
I don't like the color you picked as your 'current page' color on your
graphical navigation sidebar.  It really just throws off the whole thing
and sticks out like a sore thumb. (of course that is just me)

Page3
no problems, I like the layout.

Page4
I really like the layout, loaded quite fast for having so many graphics

Page5
Very interesting stats, good information

Page6
PERL is spelled wrong (it is listed as PEARL on the page)

Page7, 8, and guestbook
All fine

Page 9
Maybe a bit superfluous.....but still a nice feature.

Page 10
The 'no sound device available' warning came up 3 times.  I do not have a
sound card on the computer I am viewing this on.....the other pages only
had that notice once, and for some reason this one did 3 times.  Maybe just
a fluke. (well, after I wrote this blurb and then went back to the page,
the 'no sound device' error came up 3 more times)
Also, I think maybe these links are a bit unnecessary.  I kind of doubt
that someone coming to look for web design is going to want to go visit the
College Parents site.  Try to gear your links (if you must include them)
towards web marketing and business resources type stuff.  Links to
information for small businesses, marketing strategies, specific software
titles that would be of use to your clients or something otherwise geared
towards your clients.  They can find a list of hodgepodge links anywhere.

Overall-
I like the feel of the site.  The graphics were very pleasing, nice quality
and I just plain liked them :)
I like the color scheme (except that current page color on the sidebar) and
the layout of all the pages.  Overall it is a very nice, professional, easy
to navigate, informative site.

Candi

-
Candi McCann