Re: Please Comment Personal Site

by Candi <candi(at)extremezone.com>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:09:05 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kennie,
I took a look at the site and I think it is nice.  It is very clean and
layed out so that the information is easy to read and uncluttered.  I like
that you touched on subjects and then linked to more information.  I have
always heard that a resume should be somewhat short because employers tend
to skim if they are given too much information at one time.  So your plan
works well (in my opinion).
I have a few minor comments:
On your skills page, I like that you listed your length of experience plus
a rating.  My one confusion is that you used both medium and intermediate
to describe different skills.  In my mind intermediate and medium have
about the same meaning so you might want to either pick new terms or do
something like rate it from 1 to 4 with 1 being 'beginning' and 4 being
'advanced' or 'expert'.
The other thing I can think of is that your main page has a white
background and all the subpages have a buff colored background.  Both of
them look very nice and very professional, but I would stick with one or
the other.

Hope that helps,
Candi

At 04:05 PM 9/10/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Greetings All,
>Been a long-time lurker.
>Could you please comment on my personal site:
>http://home.mweb.co.za/ki/kinggs/default.htm
>It is unfortunately a rather slow server here in SA.
>Please give me your every problem on the site.
>Note: It is not final yet - I will still put the HWG logo and some more
>detailed info on.
>
>Thanx
>;-)
>Kennie