Re: Please test my Real Audio links

by enigma <enigma(at)netcom.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:13:54 -0500
 To:  "charles kaufmann" <lrm(at)javanet.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:08 PM 1/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I've just added several Real Audio 5.0 playbacks to the site of my Baroque
>period instrument ensemble, the Lygonia Consort,
><http://www.javanet.com/~lrm>.
>The Real Audio links work on my home computer...I'd like to know if they
>function for others, too.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Chip Kaufmann <lrm(at)javanet.com>

Ok I got the following error using both nn and ie:

"Error #23 Requested URL is not valid.

This message indicates that the Player was given a URL that does not point
to a .RA or .RM file. The URL in question could
be an outdated link, a URL incorrectly entered in the Open Location dialog
box, or a / in the hard disk name on a Macintosh
system.

If you entered a URL in the Open Location dialog box, check that you
included the entire URL, and that it was spelled
correctly. Also check to make sure that the URL is a RealAudio or RealVideo
link. RealAudio or RealVideo links have .RA,
.RM, or .RAM file extensions.

If you received this message after clicking on a link on a web page, the
reference URL is wrong. In this case, please send
e-mail to the site manager about the problem link.

If you are using a Macintosh, and this error occurs when you try to play a
.RA or .RAM file, then the likely cause is that a /
character is in the name of the hard disk. Check your hard disk name for
this character, and if it is in the name, change the
name of the hard disk.

In summation, Error 23 occurs when the URL used by the Player to locate a
.RA or .RM file does not correctly find the file.
Please let us know if the noted solutions do not resolve the problem for
you. "

That stuff was quoted off of the ra pages that resulted in your links not
working...

Lemme know when you get it working cause I wanted to hear it!

enigma.
http://www.netcom.ca/~enigma/INDEX.html
MEMBER HTML WRITERS GUILD