Re: Please critique my first website

by enigma <enigma(at)netcom.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:35:09 -0500
 To:  "Steve & Elaine Kaschimer" <elanstev(at)email.msn.com>
 Cc:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:57 PM 1/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I just recently finished a website for my sister.  Please critique it and
>let me know what improvements can be made.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Gold/1764/
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Steve Kaschimer
>Mirabilis ICQ <5753181>
>Personal Email: <mailto:elanstev(at)msn.com>
>Member of the HTML Writers Guild

Ok.  I was going to review your site but as soon as I noticed that it was
on geocities I decided not to because I really *HATE* the popup ads that
they have started using.  As a matter of fact I dont go to any geocities
sites at all anymore because of this.  I'm telling you this because I'm
sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.  If I came across your site
on a search engine I would skip it because of its URL and I'm sure that
others might feel the same.  I just thought Id mention this because no
matter how nice your site might be it wont be viewed by people who know
about and dislike the popups.  You might consider moving it...

Hope that doesnt sound harsh or spiteful... just some comments! *smile*

enigma.

--
web design portfolio, page one, is at:
http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~enigma/INDEX.html