Re: Critique: Pen-pal site

by Sharon Milano <sharon.milano(at)mci.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:22:39 -0500
 To:  Mark & Sinead <henning(at)netcomuk.co.uk>,
"HWG Critique (E-mail)" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~henning/mark

I like the overall look.  The graphics work nicely and pull the site together.

Internal navigation was a bit... cumbersome.  Not really cumbersome but
possibly confusing.  I suggest, where feasible, have the side navs link to
targets within the same page instead of going to new pages.  Not always
possible given the length of some pages.  Personally, I'd rather link to
one page with all the info I want than to a teeny page of <10 lines and
have to click again... call me lazy.  *grin*  You don't want people getting
lost in your site or frustrated that they can't find what they want.

Make sure you add the doc type to each page.  Frontpage threw in a lot
comment tags into your code that would make low-level editing a real bear.

Overall, nice look.  I didn't quite get how all the supporting pages (Info
and thoughts) related to eFriends, but it still gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Loaded quickly.

NC 4.02
Win95
T1